This affluent area provided a challenge in finding a suitable site for the Kingswood Medical Centre and its multiple occupants. Through UHD’s intensive site searching skills and knowledge, the preferred site was located and sourced, complementing and opposite Harrogate District Hospital.
As part of the original specification and development, a specialist dental suite was required. Due to the nature of the service, specific consideration was given to the design, circulation, location and workability of the space. Therefore, a separate waiting area coupled with short circulation distances were incorporated.
In 2013 a 37kW solar panel scheme was retrofitted to the development.
- 1,400m² development
- Spacious and flexible circulative accommodation
- Well designed with minimal walking distances
- Under-floor heating
- Located on Wetherby Road, opposite the Harrogate District Hospital
- Excellent public transport network
- Completed in 2006
- Retrofit 37kW solar panel scheme
- Six GP practices
- Specialist community dental services
- District nurses team base