Our initial brief was to design and build a centre for two GP practices with the flexibility for them to join together at a future date.
In 2012, the two practices amalgamated and the design made the transition possible without any additional or expensive construction work.
The doctors at Longtown are delighted, as our adoption of a sophisticated heating and cooling system costs less to run than a standard three-bedroom house.
In 2013 a 16kW solar panel scheme was retrofitted to the development.
- 750m² development
- Heated and cooled via air to water heat exchangers (geothermal heat exchange system)
- Hot water supplied by individual in-line water heaters
- Exceptionally economical to operate
- Completed in 2007
- Retrofit 16kW solar panel scheme
- Three GP practices
- Practice nurses
- Healthcare assistant
- District nurses
- Community midwives
- Health visitors
- Community nurses
- NHS clinic
- NHS physiotherapy
- NHS dentistry facilities
- North Cumbria Acute Hospitals NHS Trust