Since the scheme opened, the GPs’ patients highlighted a need for an onsite pharmacy to satisfy growing demand. Once again, our policy of future proofing our buildings has proved very beneficial and a Co-operative Pharmacy has now opened in part of the expansion space.
Our challenge at Norton Canes was to build a brand new medical centre on the same site as the existing surgery. To the relief of the GPs, we used our highly developed project management skills, to achieve this, without interrupting the daily operations of the practice.
UHD always seek to engage and consult with the local community, as well as GPs and patients, when building a new scheme. The community and local councillors were so impressed and pleased with their new centre that they generously donated a play area, which we incorporated into the site.
In 2013 a 25kW solar panel scheme was retrofitted, providing around 27% of electricity requirement giving a saving of over £2,500 per year.
- Norton Canes three miles from the centre of Cannock
- 1,351m² development
- Stylish, practical and modern accommodation
- Shared facilities, reducing operating costs and overheads
- Gas boiler under-floor heating
- Spring water on-site allows for a future change to a water-to-water heat exchange with a cooling system
- External childrens play area
- Value-for-money design solution
- 165m² future expansion space
- Scheme completed in 2007
- Retrofit 25kW solar panel scheme providing around 27% of electricity requirement giving a saving of over £2,500 per year
- Three separate GP practices
- Partnership and NHS Trust accommodation
- Well Pharmacy