There are plenty of car parking spaces, a must for a health centre of this size, along with bike racks and easy pedestrian access. My experience of United Healthcare Developments has been very positive and I would like to thank them for their continuing support and aftercare service.”
In addition to the GP practice, this exceptionally busy health centre is focused on a range of childrens’ services. Given the number of young people and children using the facility, very careful consideration was given to the design.
We worked in close association with our NHS partners to create a highly flexible, multi-purpose 3,500m² building. Springfield’s astute design is also future proof, incorporating 820m² of future expansion space. The outcome is outstanding and what could have been a noisy and tiring working environment is in reality a relaxed and calm space.
In 2013 a 50kW solar panel scheme was retrofitted to the development.
- Site of former primary school
- 3,500m² development
- High quality, interesting and practical building
- Stunning, two-storey entrance atrium, with natural light flooding the reception and waiting area, creating an animated central hub
- Air to water heat exchange with under-floor heating and cooling system
- Value-for-money design solution
- 820m² future expansion space
- Scheme completed in 2008
- Retrofit 50kW solar panel scheme
- Four GP practices
- Northwood Dispensing Pharmacy (new addition in expansion space)
- Partnership and NHS Trust accommodation
- Childrens Services
- Children protection & safeguarding
- Childrens Lifelong Learning
- 4-11s team
- School nurses
- Vulnerable children services
- County Council