The Milnrow & Newhey Medical Centre development in Rochdale facilitates the relocation of two busy GP practices into a modern, state-of-the-art building.
Through the use of innovative technologies the medical centre is a sustainable development that is exceptionally economical to run. The GPs' previous surgeries were restrictive and dark, the new spacious scheme allows for the provision of more services and delivers a superior working environment.
The development is part of NHS England Exemplar scheme.
- 124kW solar panel scheme designed to power entire building with renewable energy
- Operational technologies to reduce energy consumption and enhance building efficiency
- Highly efficient instantaneous point-of-use hot water systems
- EV charging for staff
- Heat recovery and fresh air ventilation system
- Highly insulated, airtight building
- 2,100m2 total floor area
- 337m2 of built in space for future expansion
- Local community involvement including building bird boxes and planting trees to enhance the biodiversity of the site
- Pharmacy unit
- NHSE Exemplar Scheme
- Completion date Spring 2022
- Two GP practices
- Pharmacy Unit